New Student Enrollment
On December 16, 2013, the Keene ISD Board of Trustees approved a Limited Open Enrollment Program for non-resident students who desire to attend class in Keene ISD. There is no required tuition or payment. Approval of Limited Open Enrollment will be based on the following:
The current enrollment at the particular grade level or class as well as any special program requirement of the student seeking admission. Consideration shall include the effect of additional students in that grade or program, facilities, staffing needs, and the educational opportunity of resident students. The disciplinary record of the student seeking admission. The attendance record of the student seeking admission. The academic record of the student seeking admission including the student’s performance on applicable state-mandated assessments, and/or standardized tests (ITBS, etc.) the student’s record of promotion to the next grade level, and the student’s extracurricular record. The parent’s compliance with District and Campus policies and regulations. The board-approved language regarding student transfers can be found at FDA (LOCAL).
New Student Online Enrollment allows parents/guardians to enter student and family information to request enrollment of students that will be new to Keene ISD. Keene ISD serves students that live in and out of the district. If you live outside of the district please fill out the proper transfer paperwork before enrolling your child. If your child is a Pre-K through 12th-grade student and has never been enrolled at KISD, you can start the process online.
Gather Required Documents
Required documents may be emailed to the campus registrar or delivered to the campus. Keene ISD requires a parent or guardian to provide the following documents to complete the enrollment process:
- Certified Copy of Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (optional)
- Immunization Records
- Proof of Residency (view acceptable documents)
- If you have more than one student attending Keene ISD, you will need to submit proof of residency for each student individually. Once submitted, your proof of residency will be reviewed by campus staff to verify it meets the acceptable proof of Requirements below. If it is not accepted, you will be contacted for further information.
- Driver's License of Enrolling Parent
- Additional Documentation/Qualification Criteria for Pre-K students (required to enroll in the free program)
- Additional Documentation for high school students
- Incoming 9th graders will need to provide their final 8th-grade report card at the time of enrollment.
- Incoming 10th, 11th, and 12th graders will need to provide an unofficial transcript.
Please be sure to review the documents accepted for proof of residency and double-check that your child's immunization records are up to date and reflect all the requirements of the state of Texas, which may vary from other states/countries.
If a language other than English is spoken most of the time in your home and by your child, you will be contacted by your child’s campus to schedule an assessment date to determine your student's eligibility for the appropriate language program: bilingual education or English as a Second Language (ESL).
Online Enrollment Form
Step 1: Log in to your Ascender Parent Portal account to complete the remaining registration process.
Step 2: The enrolling campus will contact you with a student portal code, once received you will need to log back into your parent portal, link your student using the code and complete an additional 5 forms. This completes the online enrollment process.
Finalize the Enrollment Process
The enrollment is not complete until the documentation is reviewed and processed by District staff. Keene ISD will process new student registration in the order in which online submissions were received.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact your child's future campus registrar.